What types of Lease Structures are available?
The lease/purchase plans offered by Public-Finance.com have features customized for each municipality covering several thousand to mult-million dollars. Examples include:
- Credit Lines
- Early Purchase Options
- Master Lease Programs
- Single Purchase Leases
- Special Payment Structures
- Escrow and Advance Funding
- Financing for Non-Profit Organizations
Comparing Municipal Leasing Quotes
There are several items that need to be considered when comparing other quotes to those offered by Public-Finance.com:
- Payments in arrears or advance
- Lease terms in months or years
- First payment due date
- Total cost of equipment
- Any points or "hidden" fees
- Lease commencement date
- Any required down payments
- End of lease residuals or buyouts
- Smoke & Mirrors - hedging escrow earnings used by lessor to "buy rate down"
- Periodic rate resets or rates that float
- Lease purchase (non debt) structures vs. bond issue (debt structures)
Any one or more of the above issues can make a large difference in how much your municipality spends on the lease purchase.